Gilera Runner PureJet running bad at low speeds

Jamo365

Hi!

I have a Gilera Runner PureJet, and it runs a bit bad at speeds under 40-50 km/h. It seems to be choking, and I can hear puffing sounds out of the exhuast pipe. Just like he's spitting out fuel. If I run for a longer while on low speeds he starts to have problem getting away. He clogs up and I have to pull the gas throttle quite a bit for it to get of.

My setup:
Polini 70cc
Leovinci ZX
Malossi Multivar 2000 (7.2gr, white spring)
Malossi Primary Gears HTQ z 14/39
Malossi Reed Valve VL11 CARB.petal th.0,30

Maybe changing the weights or spring can help?

I had the Malossi 70cc kit before and I had the same problem.
I've read about one that has similair problem on his DiTech, and
from what he has heard it's normal. But there must be a way
to get rid of this, right?

I'm taking my bike to the service place here in town so they can
connect to the ECU and check how the fuel/air/oil feeds look.
Maybe he'll have a tip or two after he's checked it.

Advertisement - register to remove this

i recon its that ZX .....did u post this problem on another scooter forum somewhere because i remeber seeing somebody with the same problem with the malossi purejet 70cc and the problem in the end was the ZX was changing the fuel requirement curve and there for it was not getting the right amount of petrol at certain rpm......try it with the stock exhaust and see what happens

Hmm, if I recall it right, it choked with the stock pipe also. But it's been so long ago so I'm not sure. I'll try with the stock pipe and see. Thanks for the tip.

Tried with the stock pipe and the choking dissapeared. Thanks again for the tip deanjdk.
Guess it's time to buy a new pipe. Was looking at the Polini For Race II. Is it the best one for the Polini 70cc kit? Or do you people recommend some other?

Back