Gilera Runner 209 ccm Quattro valve

the fire thingy is scary!
is that supposed to be?

It is because the exhaust is overheated and it passes fuel into the headers during the exhaust stroke.

Chri$ch said: Leader 125 starter wheel in the picture.

That is what I am aiming for. Looks like I am going to surf the Piaggio Dealer page again. Or do you have the Piaggio Article number at hand?
The starter wheel in my engine is an alloy fixed pulley and a seperate starter gear with a chock clutch.
I must admit. I have sooo much respect for your project. Cool doing it with a whole new engine! Are you a dealer or related by any means?

Hi,

you can´t fit the 125cc starter wheel on the 180/200cc crankshaft because they different. or you need a adapter!

And no i am not a dealer, its a hobby. i got the Derbi GP1 125 cheap (2100€ because its a 2007 model but it was new) :)

i had befor a lot other scooter and leader / quasar engines (~25 - 30 different engines, ~10 of them tunned), so it isn´t my first ;-)

Regards
Chris

In your opinions, which kit is better, 210 full malossi or 280 quasar with all other things malossi???wich will have more power/torque and better top speed/acceleration???at a leader vx engine always...

hi velo,why did you change your ignition not with original one and change with HPI ? is it only war gauges or will a change in speed happens ?...shortly does this kit make change in acceleration or top speed?..
this is my bike from north cyprus.. :)
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3458/06042009030.jpg
http://img188.imageshack.us/i/06042009042.jpg/
http://img266.imageshack.us/i/26052009116.jpg/
http://img194.imageshack.us/i/29042009077.jpg/
http://img32.imageshack.us/i/fotoraf0085.jpg/
http://img520.imageshack.us/i/07052009078.jpg/
I have all of the parts that you have except rotor kit and ı wonder that thing...my bike is 2007 model and the digitronic is with mobilizer..do ı have to buy cdi bobine or shortly 'eprom' ?..thankss

Last edited:
Hi,

you can´t fit the 125cc starter wheel on the 180/200cc crankshaft because they different. or you need a adapter!

And no i am not a dealer, its a hobby. i got the Derbi GP1 125 cheap (2100€ because its a 2007 model but it was new) :)

i had befor a lot other scooter and leader / quasar engines (~25 - 30 different engines, ~10 of them tunned), so it isn´t my first ;-)

Regards
Chris

Well
I have ordered one now. Then time will tell how it fits.
Nice to hear about your rides. Fourstroke tuning isn't so used as two stroke because of the lacking power. But we will do our best. What power does your Derby push?

Att: michalis13
I haven't realy any real good opinion since I haven't tried both.
The 278 ccm should give you the best power, but since it is strocked as muchs as it is. You will lack top speed. And as far as I have read on the net. The race engine that I have build on my VXR should be one of the faster leader engines around. But I would use it on the street if I could. It is too loud. But defenetly fast.

Att: DMa210
Hi there. unless you wan't a track engine. You should stick with your stock ignition.
And Get a helmet on ;-)

Hallo forum. I have finally got rotor for it. But before I could mount the baseplate. I needed an other center ring for the Morino/wallaroo baseplate.
A friend of mine made this for me:

The ring is 7 mm high, the outer diameter of the ring is 29 mm at the narrow bit and 30 mm on the wide bit.

This ment that the base plate would fit. The baseplate allso fits, selletra stators.

And with rotor.

Sorry about the blur :-(, I'm better at driving than I am at taking pictures

With pump drive:

Nice plate. It fits a whole lot of different air and water drives!

Unfortunetly the new rotor and pump are a bit different from the stock rotor. That meant that I had to move the pump away from the engine. Acctually a whole 9 mm.
The result looks like this:

This is how the scooter looks atm. With new wires and the left overs laying below it.

Conserning power. Only time and dyno will tell. But It feels more powerfull. It defenetly needs lighter rollers and the engine rews faster now.

A pair of new brakes pads has been added as well.
a pair of SBS High Friction pads. I am looking forward to try it out on a track

Well
I have ordered one now. Then time will tell how it fits.
Nice to hear about your rides. Fourstroke tuning isn't so used as two stroke because of the lacking power. But we will do our best. What power does your Derby push?
i don´t know, i will put it on a dyno if all is ready (new cam, head, carb, cdi etc).

i like the rotor, how much wight it with the plate etc for the water pump?

Regards
Chris

ı am going to use it for street..ı think that ı can beat 2strokes in the track..maybe in sprint too but ı dont want to harm my engine :)..ı will try my top speed 2 weeks later because the engine is new..do you think that it will make 175 kmh with all that malossi parts like yours? and one strong advice for you..use leo vince exhaust because at first ı was using scorpion too..and when changed to leo vince a lot changed in the acceleration and top speed..

ı am going to use it for street..ı think that ı can beat 2strokes in the track..maybe in sprint too but ı dont want to harm my engine :)..ı will try my top speed 2 weeks later because the engine is new..do you think that it will make 175 kmh with all that malossi parts like yours? and one strong advice for you..use leo vince exhaust because at first ı was using scorpion too..and when changed to leo vince a lot changed in the acceleration and top speed..

The thought is promising.
How much power does your scoot pull into the dyno?

ı dont know yet but all parts are malossi like yours...the only different parts are ignition and exhaust..ı strongly think that you should use leo vince..!..the only think ı know is 0-100 km 8 seconds with 9mm malossi rollers..at first ı only had malossi cylinder scorpion exhaust and variator...now ı changed everything because my crank[crank was 125cc crank and couldnt resist to that high torque:)] broke and piston and valves broke..now ı add all parts of the malossi to my engine with a new malossi cylinder..:)ı try both scorpion and leovince with 209cc and ı strongly reccomend you leovince mate..! ı am asking you questions about top speed because my bike was 125cc in orginal and wonder that my top speed can be about 175kmh..?! ı have to say that ı im love with your project..ı am following this project since ı started to modify my bike(8 months that first put the malossi cylinder) :) if u come to cyprus ı am going to take you from airport so you should help me with my project eheh :)

Last edited:
i think your top speed will not be more than 160km/h exactly because it is from 125 engine...but you will have more torque from a vxr with the same parts.. :)

so better acceleration and lower top speed :)? what can be done to have a top speed about 175kmh=)?

You would need a longer ratio gears. You have the advantage in the larger wheel. But I don't think you will have the power to pull 175 km/h.
That isn't easy for 400's ither.

velo is it a problem if ı use the dellorto 34 in the street or do you reccomend using orginal carburattor with higher jets?

Back