Gilera Runner 209 ccm Quattro valve

The best exhaust for your scooter is Pm tuning exhaust with him you can get a 2hp on your set up

That is a big gain compared to a Full open Scorpion. Wich gives 2+ BHP compared to a Stock Scorpion.

In other terms. You will promise me 25+ BHP With a PM pipe on 209 ccm.

That is a big gain compared to a Full open Scorpion. Wich gives 2+ BHP compared to a Stock Scorpion.

In other terms. You will promise me 25+ BHP With a PM pipe on 209 ccm.

I can t promise anything but a branch(if you now on what I thinking) on a PM pipe is difrent then yours on scorpion and because of that I think that you can get beter performance with PM pipe and mybe more HP.

sory on my Eanglish!

Finally. A new set up for the carb and vario and ignition.

It did 0 - 100 km/h at 9 sek. with a 19.7 HP setup and now it has been finetuned a bit. Different Torquedrive, intake funnel and sparkplug Has boosted the performance to a powerwheelie stage of another world.

Enjoy.
269215_l.jpg

269216_l.jpg

269214_l.jpg

Some track images:
249246_l.jpg

249244_l.jpg

I hobe that I can bring it to some international meeting this year.
Drive safely out there.

hi mate great bike, what rollers and carb jets did you run with to that figure. and is your inlet standard with modifications or custom made?

To control the power and because the stock fork was bended, a new and better fork was put in the frame and a 4 piston brake kit was applied:
55863_l.jpg

55862_l.jpg

56441_l.jpg

Just wanted to say absolutely amazing bike. I had a Gilera DNA that i did something similar to you too. 4 strokes are so much more expensive than 2 strokes. Im back with a 2T runner 180 now...

Anyway, i just wanted to know where you got the caliper and spacer from? i cant find a 4 pot caliper anywhere that fits the f36r forks, scooter attack have a stage 6 radial one but its for the standard 50cc forks so no good for the malossi ones.

Also the Grimeca one that the early forks came with looks horrible compared to that beauty.

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/Products/M629813/Brake+caliper+MALOSSI.aspx

Did you need to custom make the bracket or did it come as a kit?

if so where did you get it from because I WANT 1!!!!

Thanks Webby

I have a new caliper for it now.
Is is a Stage6 in orange.

Some updated pics:
476284_l.jpg

476179_l.jpg

476178_l.jpg

The bracket is a modified R-Setup and is more or less the same as the stage 6

Hi Velo,

nice project. if you want more power u can try a 278ccm bigbore kit (75mm bore / 63mm stroke) :D

107gzq.jpg

15qg4p.jpg

Regards
Chris

Hi black-rider

its build by "Zweirad Kübler" in germany, you can buy it at www.sip-scootershop.com

278ccm Kit = 617,50€
244ccm Kit = 551,00€

It is a modified QUASAR crankshaft and some other parts from Piaggio (Vespa GTS300 / Gilera Nexus 300)

01dcqf.jpg

left = original Quasar crankshaft / right = modified Quasar Crankshaft

03kf8j.jpg

You can see more Pics here.

Regards
Chris

Looks quite impressive. And nice clean engine.
Cool Idea with the oil temp. Why haven't I thought of that?
But I think I wil stick to the 209 cc. It rews easily to the limiter.

I am planning on rews more than grunt.
Hoping to make a inner rotor for it.

P.S. New and updated photage:

524803_l.jpg

524881_l.jpg

524876_l.jpg

524871_l.jpg

524866_l.jpg

It has allso gained some wheelie power again. New E16 filter boosted the performace to 22.67 instead of 21 bhp.
524966_l.jpg

Looking forward to an other full open exhaust and maybe a rotor for it.

Last edited:
Hey Velo,

do you know the diameter of the Malossi valves? and did you ever measured the intake and outtake timings with malossi cam?

PS: the engine is clean because it is new :D

Regards
Chris

Hi Chri$ch
I can't remember, but they are sicnificantly bigger than stock. As far as I remember all four ports in the head was ported with min. +2 mm i diameter and the seats was re-made as well.

Conserning timing. Nope didn't realy ever mesure it. But I don't think it is a good idea for a kit like yours. It needs to rew. quite high.

Are you planning to come for the SA weekend later this year?
I am looking forward to experience your creation live. It is a looker ;-)

Best regards
Velo

Ok where did you get the adapter from, i dont know if im just being dumb but i really dont see how i can make the stage 6 adapter fit onto the F36r forks. Could you post a pic of your adapter so i can see?

thanks

hi veLo ! :) ı have a runner vx 2007 and ı have all parts that you have on it with leovince exhaust and except crankshaft . my crankshaft is the original vx one but the biel mil(ı dont know the exact word in english) is short and malossi one.my question is ''can the original crank get on well with this malossi parts or do ı need to change it with malossi crank?'' ı hope that you answer my question as soon as possible because it has been 2 months that ı made it 209 and ı m afraid that something can get broken inside the engine..thanks! :)

ow ı have forgotten to say something! ..at the start ı had a scorpion exhaust same as yours..when ı changed the exhaust to leo vince the engine gained 2bhp..ı m glad if ı could help you||||to add you can add my msn oxide_dma@hotmail.com so we can help each other easily about our bikes ..thanks again..

Back