Gilera Runner 209 ccm Quattro valve

4 stroke scooter are garbage , they made for retards

first they use more petrol then 4 stroke motorcycle of same size , plus petrol tank is a joke ( too small ) .. so what good being 4 stroke when you cant travel far between cities , without runing out of fuel every 20 minuts ?

top speed is a joke , same size motorcycle top speed is beter ..

and not handle stable like a bike , because engine case is rubber mounted into frame so flex , and too much weight on back

plus cost lot more to modify

i would sell it and get either a 4 stroke motorcycle or a 50cc 2 stroke scooter

Hello, I am an Italian Boy.
I try to realize the faster Runner Vx in the World.

My runner have:

ENGINE:
Malossi 210 cylinder piston head Malossi Malossi adjusted.
4t Malossi head worked in the pipes and valve seats.
Malossi 25mm valves,
springs Malossi.
Carburettor Keihin FCR MX37.
BMC cotton air filter cone.
Crankshaft Malossi.
PowerCam Malossi.
Heatsink Heat T-Max.
Malossi T-Max Oil Filter.
extra radiator.
NGK Spark.
EMP Ignition with internal rotor.
flywheel EMP.
EMP unit with two maps.
Scarov Scalvini craft outlet.

TRANSMISSION:
Malossi variator.
Beverly Malossi torque driver 250.
Spring contrast Malossi Yellow T-Max.
Malossi Kevlar Belt Beverly 250.
Malossi clutch.
Polini Bell

CHASSIS:
Fork Paioli Malossi F36R.
RS24/10 Shocks ported Unibol.
Pirelli Diablo tires.

BRAKES:
300mm front brake disc Discacciati.
Galfer Wave rear brake disc.
Discacciati Caliper 4 pistons.
Discacciati tablets.
Discacciati 2 Radial master cylinders.
Braided brake aluminum tubes

On the set of brakes and running perfectly. The engine and transmission are trying to set him up for good but it seems that the head Malossi cause problems: leaks oil and the valves are easy to nail. Maybe mount it and mount a head-valve Piaggio Malossi 22mm. I saw that you have a nice Runner pumped even you and I would like to know if you have any idea.

Last edited:
The doubts about the efficiency of the engine because there are two years ago I had an identical one that was flying and had the same pieces of this. All except the head and the ignition.

Now I read that you use the 278cc Kit of Kubler.
The reason that I don't use this kit is that I like the ear the sound that Malossi engine made at 10000 RPM, and over.

Last edited:
So far I have only changed the secondary.
HI MATE ,I HAVE A GILERA RUNNER VX125/210 MALOSSI,I HAVE GOT POLINI VARIATOR ,PM ROLLERS 8GRAME AND 10GRAM,POLINI TORQUE SPRING ,POLINI DRIVE BELT ,POLINI GEAR UP KIT,POLINI MAX SPEED CLUTCH,WITH BLUE SPRINGS AND POLINI CLUCH BELL,MALLOSSI AIR FILTER IN STANDERD AIR BOX ,STANDERED CARB,NOT REJETTED,CURRENTLY GOT A MOTAD VENOM EXHAUST WHICH IS RUBBISH ,JUST ORDERED A LEO VINCE 4 ROAD,BECAUSE IT WAS PUT ON THE DYNO TODAY AND I ONLY GOT 15 BHP,TOPS AT 97MPHAND AT 97MPH IT SHOWED 10BHP WOT HAS GONE WRONG CAN ANYONE HELP,WOT DO I NEED TO DO

HI MATE ,I HAVE A GILERA RUNNER VX125/210 MALOSSI,I HAVE GOT POLINI VARIATOR ,PM ROLLERS 8GRAME AND 10GRAM,POLINI TORQUE SPRING ,POLINI DRIVE BELT ,POLINI GEAR UP KIT,POLINI MAX SPEED CLUTCH,WITH BLUE SPRINGS AND POLINI CLUCH BELL,MALLOSSI AIR FILTER IN STANDERD AIR BOX ,STANDERED CARB,NOT REJETTED,CURRENTLY GOT A MOTAD VENOM EXHAUST WHICH IS RUBBISH ,JUST ORDERED A LEO VINCE 4 ROAD,BECAUSE IT WAS PUT ON THE DYNO TODAY AND I ONLY GOT 15 BHP,TOPS AT 97MPHAND AT 97MPH IT SHOWED 10BHP WOT HAS GONE WRONG CAN ANYONE HELP,WOT DO I NEED TO DO

Do i need to say more ?

Kubler is the best that the market provides. Invested obtained

Andreinen valves you let oil into the cylinder? I did not understand that you're in a serial Piaggio Malossi head valves installed, or you bought a Malossi head with valves?

Now I have full Malossi Head but now I want to try Piaggio head with Malossi Valves because I think It can be better.

I am also trying if Piaggio ignition is better than the EMP I have installed.

Now I have full Malossi Head but now I want to try Piaggio head with Malossi Valves because I think It can be better.

I am also trying if Piaggio ignition is better than the EMP I have installed.

The Malossi valves for the stock head is smaller that the valves in the malossi head.

If you are planning to tun a 125 cc setup, it might b better. But othervise I can't see where the gain is...

re

someone can help me please

i want put an crankshaft malossi on my runner 200 vxr, and i would like know if it's necessary to put the 2 big washer who there are on original crankshaft please ?when i put them , i don t arrive to close the crankcase

thanks

someone can help me please

i want put an crankshaft malossi on my runner 200 vxr, and i would like know if it's necessary to put the 2 big washer who there are on original crankshaft please ?when i put them , i don t arrive to close the crankcase

thanks

Just mailed you :-D
You can't put the engine together with them.
I didn't use them in mine.

I have tried both the head Malossi (valves 25mm) that the Piaggio with valves Malossi (22mm) and it seems that the Piaggio makes more.

Besides in the head Malossi the valves of unloading extend to nail him.

I would want to insert photo of my Runner but the site it denies him/it to me.

modified head with 28mm intake and 25mm outtake valves

[Ir]http://www.abload.de/img/03122010097664p.jpg[/Ir]

Last edited by a moderator:
modified head with 28mm intake and 25mm outtake valves

*picture*

Wow, very big valves.
Don't they hit THE piston?

And where are THE 28mm valves of?

Keep us updated, if it gives kuch improvement i might also do à similar coversion

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Guys,

I own a Gilera Runner 200 ST (year 2008).
Currently the gears are stock.
What will give me the malossi secondery gears 16/42 ?
I understand that I will get more top speed but it won't hurt the low end ?

i`ve mounted my primary gear polini with the secondary gear malossi.the 0-100 is almost the same but the final top speed is with 5 km/h higher.my enigine is not so powerfull to work with both gears and i have a big lost of speed.
now my top speed is 135 but with only the secondary gear malossi my top speed was 145-150 km/h.i want to try to remove the secondary and keep only the primary gear.i hope i will gain more than 145-150 km/h.

Back