finally evo2!

Eoin70 said:
i have a polini 50cc cast iron also and it has the exhaust with the boost ports

why do you think this is such a new design? coz its been around for years

why do you take it to heart so much? All im saying is your posts are a little hard to read,what does that have to do with bermudan racing teams

Ok, but this is a different style cylinder not the racing. Malossi has a rotax type exhaust port too on their Replica cylinders, and the Minarelli AM / Derbi cylinders too.

We haven't totally decided because we're not sure of the dates for the 2006 racing season. We want to try and see if we can qualify to make one or any of the national races there. Four of the guys on our team are well capable of qualifying and possibly finishing in the top 10-20. We're really serious about our scooter racing down here. 70cc full race scooters doing more than 80mph in less than 1/4 mile drag races. Unfortunately our government doesn't support us very much and just recently gave us access to a peice of land to build our racepark on. We have enough room to make a .9 mile long flat race track, of varying designs, which run lap times from just over 1 minute to another verious which's lap times are just over 35 seconds. Our technology is second to none, as shown by team Added Speed and Team RPM/Autobahn who use full blown metrakit and mhr zip SP's respectively. These bikes have everything that Malossi Factory race teams have. $10,000 for one down here, shipped from Italy. We also run GP125's and 600cc Superbikes, as well as an introductory "stock modified" class and a junior minibike class.

Where would you suggest be a good track to go to Mr.Aerox?

FUracing8 said:
We're really serious about our scooter racing down here. 70cc full race scooters doing more than 80mph in less than 1/4 mile drag races.

in the netherlands the best 70 cc do almost 80 mph over 1/10 mile drag :p

well recently there was a new track built down at the south check it out here:
http://www.kartingcampillos.com/ its the biggest track of spain, they do races once in a while there i will mayb contact them. i will get informed of wer they do races. ive heard that in the north of spain they do alot of races, the best cylinder is called "Tomb Sil" i never heard of it.. they say it beats mhr team, mk pr2 etc..i would like to see it! :p

I was waiting to see if someone was going to post a response to the question of whether the new evo kit has a squarish exhaust port or if it's round now? It's been awhile and no one has answered that.

Anyone have a picture of the exhaust port? I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to buy the new one and do some back to back testing comparing it to the old one.

russya said:
I was waiting to see if someone was going to post a response to the question of whether the new evo kit has a squarish exhaust port or if it's round now? It's been awhile and no one has answered that.

Anyone have a picture of the exhaust port? I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to buy the new one and do some back to back testing comparing it to the old one.

if you're talking about the exhaust port outlet it's still rectangular not squarish or round, PR2 is a bit oval, Manston2 & MHR Team is round.

rs-ruud said:
in the netherlands the best 70 cc do almost 80 mph over 1/10 mile drag :p

My drag racer does about 115 km/h (72 mph) in 150 meters; with 70cc EVO and
21 bhp+ @ rear wheel

Quickest in Holland are Joel and van Schie, 122 km/h (76mph) in 150 meters,
with estimated 25bhp+

tiba_karotsu said:
if you're talking about the exhaust port outlet it's still rectangular not squarish or round, PR2 is a bit oval, Manston2 & MHR Team is round.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to know. I was curious if I was going to need a different flange than the one I'm using on my evo kit right now. If that's the case then I guess I don't. I wonder if it's possible to order just the cylinder it self since all the other parts seem to be identical to the old evo kit(at least it seems that way with the piaggio one, I'm not sure of the minareli)

yeah I know rs-ruud, and you guys are racing drag racing scooters, we call them "sprinters"......with little more than a chopped frame, motor, pair of handlebars off a kids pedal bicycle, throttle twist and front brake lever, wheels and a pipe. we haven't gone that deep with it down here yet because we don't have a decent length drag strip at our track. also almost all drag racing is done illegally at night on bikes that are pretty much "road ready," meaning we leave the plastics on and the bike is mostly as it would come from the shop, other than the motor. Hardwire all the lights to a battery and go full bore on the motors. I have alot of respect for you guys in Holland that make those "sprinters." I've seen videos of it and it looks well organized. We're limited in that aspect because there aren't very many places to have races, and most people can't afford to spend enough money to do it. We pay about $500 US for a polini evo 2 cylinder kit here. Pipes, about the same. There is also a shortage of skilled machine craftsman that make frames and that sort of thing. What there is no shortage of is skilled engine builders, because our race scooters are all very fast. The minerelli bikes, (benelli, firefox, jog, aerox) all run around 18-20bhp and the piaggio bikes (zips) run around 21-22.6bhp (highest I've seen on dyno-graph in Bermuda) all 70cc motors.

wow, you guys pay plenny for cylinders in pipes in bermuda, out here in hawaii we pay about $350 for the polini evo cylinders, the pipes are lil less.

Back