finally evo2!

MikkoR said:
Twin sorry im not an american :) just happens to distribute both polini and mk in my country.

Anyway in my opinion, untuned i will go for the Prorace kit... why because its exhaust port area is bigger than the new evo2... bigger with RIGHT measurements means more exhaust gas will flow out... right? correct me if im wrong.

but the transfer port openings of the evo are bigger than the Prorace... in my understanding more fresh gas to the cylinder...

but if you tune them both.. the evo2 will be alot easier to tune than the prorace... I have both factory tuned cylinder kit in my possession the Evo and Prorace. i did compared them and you need a lot of work on the prorace.

Butch... its down to your preference which brand do you prefer. I had 2 MHR Speed Kit, 2 MHR Lc kit, 1 MHR AC kit. still i prefer the Prorace... its more economical on my part (it doesnt eat piston and rings the way my MHR's do)
Right now 5 races all of them 1st place, including practice and yet I havent replace anything on the Prorace even the rings. Competition did include full MHR team set ups and 125cc Honda dio's. And I also sell Malossi parts :)
Edit: Thanks for the great help Mikkor, it really sounds like the mk MAY well be a good peice of kit! ( Btw the american thing was not toward you Mikkor, nor any other american person here :) )

Twin said:
I think Mikkor is making more money with metrakit, otherwise i cannot understand your story. (in a technical way)

The timing diagram of a pro race is not interesting for REAL performance. You cannot change it in the good direction, so i we dont use them. The problem with them is they work with historical thoughts.

Interesting is im not making more money from mk, Im just telling my personal experience in using the Prorace this year. it may not be interesting to some tuners, but then again we had great results from it. i may not be as good as euro tuners but then I can still manage against my rivals here.

before they are telling me the prorace wont win against the MHR SPEED set up, thats a full race set... and yet they havent beaten us, and still we havent use the overrange kit or polini speed drive, just an evo2 vario, daytona belt, and a standard size polini torque driver. again we still manage to out sprint those with overrange systems in the starting line.

Different tuners, different views, different techniques, different understanding. What's more important is we win the race.

Anyway Polini is going the prorace design, again its only the design timing may be different, lets wait and see if the two are similar.

cool... :)
last summer i had a polini evo1 cylinder (untuned)with a exaust evo2... now i am going to put on my Nitro something faster...
Mikkor.. do you think that Pro Race2 (untuned) is better than this evo2 cylinder and evo1 cylinder ???
do the Manston beat your Pro Race???
sorry if i am off topic...
thanks

I think we are a little more experienced in racing here in Holland compared to your country. That explains your vision. In the other hand we are on a dutch forum, so i think the most readers will not get a gain in experiences from your side.

So i can give you the advise to try Polini or Malossi and do a good setting job, you will be amazed about the performances ! {! Guaranteed !

The story of you competition cannot win from you with Malossi says more about them as about Malossi. I have seen some guys which cannot reach more power as 12 HP from a team kit, THEY are doing a very wrong job, NOT Malossi.

succes

PS: can you give a perfomances diagram of your MK engine ? ( Dynojet )

_Beko_ said:
Offtopic but i still dont know which one is better EVO or Prorace

The EVO, I've reached much power from a ProRace2, but I am sure that from the Evo more power can be reached because of the MUCH better transfer-ports, shapes and directions (if they are the same as the previous type).

Precisely TWIN, i do admit we may not have the tools or the technological advantages that my euro counterpart have. Thats why i did say different tuners= different ways to tune their engine, different techniques.

I did try Malossi before in sprint racing, our time is high13sec to low 14sec in 400m. No problem with power its just the bridge of the exhaust damages the ring way faster in our part. only MHR aircooled. with my MHR Speed time is down by 0.2sec

I'd be happy if you can give me tips on how to really release the full potential of the Evo kits. I admit im still learning.

With my story about the competition... well the malossi distributor did have that engine tuned in europe actually, they were saying that malossi race dept did tune that engine... one did say he overheard it was sent to Koopmans Tuning. Anyway it way just rumors. But it it not tuned here.

As if the EVO2 is better than the Prorace... well Im still waiting for my evo2.

mijn knutselmaat ,is er mee bezig @ aerox en c20 en 21mm del , dacht ik !! ( nieuwste evo zei die ). all1 carters getuned . brulde stuk beter dan manston 1 getuned . met zelfde carb etc . , kga et vant weekend aanschuiwen :)

@ Mikkor

Malossi does not prepare engines by themselves for clients. If you follow the instructions precisly you can be sure to get good performances ( 20 HP ). If you are formiliar with that you can tune your engine.
I always say: you have to make your bike good before you make it fast.

Succes

Twin said:
@ Mikkor

Malossi does not prepare engines by themselves for clients. If you follow the instructions precisly you can be sure to get good performances ( 20 HP ). If you are formiliar with that you can tune your engine.
I always say: you have to make your bike good before you make it fast.

Succes

No, you know it wrong! They do!

Yeah malossi do

they tune engines for people here in bermuda there is a malossi factory zip straight from the factory cost like 7,000- 10,000 dollars so dont be lieing but ill fuckin do it myself malossi only hurts my pocket and aint any better u know this a brand is a brand the only one that is cheap far and construction is hebo the other r similar in performance.

index.php

index.php

+pippi+

Back