Fabrizi_84cc_twinspark

It looks interesting. But as mentioned. Same low quality aluminium cast.
But why blame them when you consider their "factory"
Not a high tech hideout.

Any prices on the parts?

Oh an conserning dual sparkplugs. It seems to work fine for Alfa Romeo...

Last edited:
hey velo nice to see you again, do you still have that super fast scooter? your scooter in that burnout video is a monster.

The sparkplugs in a alfa are very expensive, sow how about this sparkplugs?
I think that they are different than regualer sparkplugs

A real Twin Spark engine, will not ignition the two sparks plugs at the same time. The only different by this head, is the more expensiv spark plug change ;)

dual sparkplugs work very well on mega big bore engines like Aprilia, Ducati sportbike twins but on a 47,6mm kit i think it's pretty useless as the piston area is very small compared to a 100mm bore cilinder.

Please explain how a 2 spark plug head works. Basic physics states that Voltage takes the path of least resistance. It can not spark the same.

Speed

Speed said:
Please explain how a 2 spark plug head works. Basic physics states that Voltage takes the path of least resistance. It can not spark the same.

Speed

Not 100% true!! Did you see a spark plug testing, in a test machine? When you pump a little chambre where the spark plug is and pump it to 9-10 bar and there is no spark between the electodes but around the sparkplug's ceramic insulator there are big, very big sparks! Thats wow! :)

This was only a little example, but I think both of the sparkplug can have a spark, they are totally separate both of them a spark source wit electrode + ground!

Your theory is true when we talk about 2-3-4 electode sparkplugs! Only one electode will make spark which has got less resistance, which has got better conditions for igniting (ideal mixture, gas speed etc.)

You are making me go deep!!!!

Browni said:
Ok! Maybe they make a tricky solution! :p
There is no tricky solution. It can't work better, except it!!!!! I have to use Cave man therory here. Take a simple garden hose, turn it on and take a pressure reading at the end. Then take the hose and split it, now take a pressure reading. The pressure will drop and both hose ends will not be the same, BECAUSE the resistance will not be the same and if you added both values up it will be less. Voltage is pressure and it is under high pressure in a compustion chamber. This is why spark plug manufactors try so had to make those racing plugs electro's so thin or as small as possible to INCREASE the pressure (voltage) by give a better spark. The theory is to increase the pressure in the combustion chamber.

Therory using (2) will allow:
1. The pressure (voltage) at both the plugs to be less than that which as one BECASE voltage (pressure) takes the path of least resistance.
2. How is the head designed with (2) plugs. Off set spark plugs allow for easier detonation.
3. This theory is use less.

At the end od the day, you can not get away from physics.

Speed said:
Maybe is not a word!

Speed

Are you an electrical engineer? If yes sorry, maybe you know better than me but the hose example was very weak! I've learnd automotive electricity too, and saw some sparkplug and electricity test. To my knowledge something is wrong with your concept! It's a shame but my english is very poor to talk about this theme. So I don't tackle! I accept your voice but i don't agree with you!

Last edited:
im not very good with electrics/ignition theory etc so dont quote me this is just a thought but it might be that it doesnt need to have a greater spark energy.The 2 plugs might provide a better burn due to the shorter path the flame front has, this can work well with extended nose plugs or heads modified with the dome cut deep below the plug so the same theory may apply.

Less spark energy is tricky, because you could have no spark at all, due to the high pressure in the combustion chamber.

Btw, I am an electrical engineer. :)

Back