Carburettors!

Browni

B.A.T tuning
Which carb. do you think is good, for these:

Dell'Orto VHST 28 mm
Mikuni TM 28 mm
Oko (Keihin PWK copy) 28 mm?

I know the Oko's quality is not the best, but it's the cheapest!

Advertisement - register to remove this

I have a Keihin 28mm round slide & an 28mm OKO D-slide carbs, I find it easier to tune the OKO carb. Almost all race scooters here in the Philippines use OKO carbs, a very practical way....easier to tune, much cheaper. About the quality?... I guess its not bad...I have been using my OKO carb for over 2 years and still working.

My opinion is that I will go with a Keihin 28 PKW D-Slide carburetor. NO other 28mm carburetor is of better quality & of better performance in High Performance Racing unless you are a cheap tuner.
All carburetors are easy to tune if you can optain all their accessories. In 2t motors you want to pull the biggest jet that you can. You need air to mix with the fuel. In most motorcross applications, Keihin is rated #1. The back of these Keihin carburetors are much bigger than those Dell'orto carburetor. Using any Dell'orto carburetor is my last resource.

1. Keihin 28 PKW
2. Mikuni TM28
3. OKO 28

Speed

wacko_dz said:
I have a Keihin 28mm round slide & an 28mm OKO D-slide carbs, I find it easier to tune the OKO carb. Almost all race scooters here in the Philippines use OKO carbs, a very practical way....easier to tune, much cheaper. About the quality?... I guess its not bad...I have been using my OKO carb for over 2 years and still working.

Ok then I am going to buy a new OKO 28 mm carb and I'll upgrade and tune it correctly!

Speed said:
My opinion is that I will go with a Keihin 28 PKW D-Slide carburetor. NO other 28mm carburetor is of better quality & of better performance in High Performance Racing unless you are a cheap tuner.
All carburetors are easy to tune if you can optain all their accessories. In 2t motors you want to pull the biggest jet that you can. You need air to mix with the fuel. In most motorcross applications, Keihin is rated #1. The back of these Keihin carburetors are much bigger than those Dell'orto carburetor. Using any Dell'orto carburetor is my last resource.

1. Keihin 28 PKW
2. Mikuni TM28
3. OKO 28

Speed

Speed
The Keihin carb. is not in my list:) I don't pay 200-210 euro for a carb, if I can make the same performance from the Oko at half price! })

Speed: I LOVE the Keihin aswell.
How is the Halfmoon D-slide karb in comparence? Cause they are totally alike regarding components?

Browni said:
Speed
The Keihin carb. is not in my list:) I don't pay 200-210 euro for a carb, if I can make the same performance from the Oko at half price! })

1. a keihin doesn't cost 200-210 euro....
2. an oko d-slide carb is not the same as a keihin d-slide !

Basse said:
Speed: I LOVE the Keihin aswell.
How is the Halfmoon D-slide karb in comparence? Cause they are totally alike regarding components?

here in philippines the common problem w/ OKO carb. is the slide.. it can easily break if lose the idle screw..

wow! your carb price is like a gold.. in Pi it would cost you around 3,000.00Pesos or 44.00euro for a keihin pwk.

emo said:
wow! your carb price is like a gold.. in Pi it would cost you around 3,000.00Pesos or 44.00euro for a keihin pwk.

44 euro wow it's amazing price:)

And can you tell me a (online)shop in there?

Back