Canadian Yamaha BW'S (Zuma) 2003

uaretheidiot

moimoimoi
Hi,

I currently live in Canada (Toronto)

Over here, nobody knows what a scooter is. When I ride in the street, people laugh and point their fingers. Most people have a car, a big suv or a pick-up truck. "Scooters are for suckers"...

Maybe this is the reason why nobody imports scooters here.

Yamaha only imports a canadian version "bw's" (basically an ugly Booster 100 with a Neo's 50cc engine).

So that's what I have, a canadian version of a scooter called "bw's" (nothing in common with the european bw's)

I decided to not give-up and to make it look cool (or less ugly...)

Very modest set-up:

malossi multivar variator
giannelli reverse exhaust

Advertisement - register to remove this

what it looks like stock:

the day i bought it used lol:

First home made haeadlights inspired by the european bw's nextgeneration:

After, I made the new headlights with fiberglass, street bars, some mods:

the gas tank had to move under the seat, and the oil tank was changed for a smaller one:

Last edited:
1st posT:)?

hey, nice thing, !! the front lights are very cool, youre first custom lights, are very the same as the bws`s standard frontlights .:)

but are you gonna change more on your scoot?? because, this is NOT yet, a real project , more sth for scooterbase,

however
nice scoot ! and good luck with further things with it:)

greets pj

Hi, no offence but i didn't know such ugly scoots existed.
No, just messing with you :)
I se its in good hands but if i where you i would look for someone in europe who has a complete "kappen"set for a "next generation" i thnk those are plug and play.
I mean this model:
http://membres.lycos.fr/boosternofear/hpbimg/Photo scoot 001.jpg

And perhaps you could improve your setup making your engine LC its not to much work and you would go much faster.

Succes

NICE Project!!! i like your BW'S.. but remove that plate number under the seat & put something else that will hide th Oil Tank... ;)

You must have put some thought into the styling. At first it looked a piece of shit, now it looks really good, those custom lights and top notch. Great job.

thanks a lot for the comments!!!!

the scoot is far from being finished...

for the set-up I am still ubdecided if I should go AC or LC... Cast or Aluminum...

maybe an Lc polini Corsa, but I'm not sure at all...

I'm mostly interested in the acceleration than pure top speed. And I also ride A LOT (everyday). What could be a set up that would be fun but still reliable?

I'm getting my 13" sr rims from france in a few weeks hopefully...

UARETHEIDIOT:
Nice job!!....keep it up...only thing that doesn't like me is the ugly bolts you used at the front lights and panel...thy using diferent kind or "blind type".

Regards,

yééé MW pawa moimoimoi ! jtrouve sa pete ton arriere recoupé comme sa avec les feux en arriere sa donne un pti look cross ! enfin o debu jaimé pa du tt les bw's canadien ( normal ^^ )

mais la le tein y commecne a vraiment bien donner !

Hi!
Your work is really good, I don't like european bw's neither the american ones but yours is very good looking after some brainstorming. I give real value to DIY jobs and yours is very good and very well finished.
But I think I'll ruin your party when I ask you this:
Did you confirmed your's rear drum brake diameter compared to an SR Aprilia one?
Aprilia should be 110mm, how much is your BW's (looks more 130mm to me like Aerox 100).
Please confirm as you maybe buying rims for nothing. And that's hard to pay...

the project can begin!the frame lost some weight:

Finally received my 13" aerox rims from ebay UK, and got pilotsport tires:

fresh from the powdercoater:

Last edited:
new rear in the process:

There is only one big problem: the aerox shaft has 16 teeth, and mine has 18, so the rear wheel doesn't fit, so we have to find a way to make it fit...

progress of the new rear:

Last edited:
hey man, try to upload your pics somewhere else then imageshack, This forum is banned from that uploadingsite. try picsplace.to

later ;)

PetriK said:
hey man, try to upload your pics somewhere else then imageshack, This forum is banned from that uploadingsite. try picsplace.to

later ;)

Thanks!

This thing pissed me off... I just finished refreshing all my pictures, and at the end I saw they expired again!!

Anywayz, here's the stuff:

The prototype got painted and polished. It will serve to make a mold, so we can make a part out of fiberglass.

Last edited:
You 're gettig there with the looks I see :)
I would buy a fast set-up if I were you. People won't point their fingers anymore if they only see the back of your rear tire ;)

Back