Can anyone help? all opinions ill be grateful.

Connah

1st off scooter setup

Metrakit Prorace 2,
Dopper 12mm Race Crank,
24mm OKO Carb,
Polini Hi-speed variator,
Pm Tuning clutch, And Standard clutch.

Basically whats happening is the scooter is revving to around 4000rpm to 7000rpm depending on what rollers and clutch springs, I tried both of these from 2.5grams rollers to 7 gram rollers, Standard clutch springs to Hard ones. The scooter either revs loads and does nothing or revs a bit and goes to 20mph or the clutch engages instantly and goes to 20mph, Its really slow getting to 20mph, On a slight hill it will struggle alot. The scooter has no power at all, If u lift the scooter wheel up it revs and runs OK reaching a high speed. The only thing i havent changed is the jets but before i order loads, Do they make that much difference

Advertisement - register to remove this

Anyone? ive looked at some youtube vids with kinda the same problem, and it said the mass kable which i dont know what that is, Is it the earth cable?

different sizes of jets do make a difference. you can compare it with yourself. if you aren't getting enough food you can't live. if an engine isn't getting enough fuel it wont run.

It is possible that it is your mass cable. Your ignition is wired to a few electric boxes. From one of those boxes there need to go a wire to the frame of your scooter. It is necessary that you have that because otherwise your ignition has no earth if you know what i mean.

The things you tell your story about what's wrong tell me the next:

I think you have to adjust a few things before it will run smoother. At first you start with your carburator. Normally there are 2 screws on your carburator, one for air and one for the rpm when your scooter isn't moving. I don't know exact which Oko carburator you have, it is possible that you only have 1 screw. that's one for air. Screw the air one completely into your carburator and then twist it 540 degrees back out again (so that's 1,5 twist).

After that its time to check if it is the right size of nozzle. Check your spark plug. If the ignition point on your spark plug is white your engine it aint getting enough fuel, if its wet and black it is getting to many fuel. the right color it needs to be is brown like coffee. you keep changing nozzles till you have found the right size. After putting a new nozzle in it, start you scooter and drive around the block and check the color of the spark plug again.

when that is right you can start with the next part.
Adjust your rollers to about 4,0 - 4,5 grams. And try again.

If the problem with your clutch is still present, try some even harder clutch springs.

Youre scooter setup is quite ok, but i would advise you to put a racing clutch in it.

P.S. Forgive me if my english isn't that well. Im not that good in english scooter terms.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, Also could it be the spark plug br8es, And what does it mean if the scooters doesnt like warming up, and takes ages.

Today i put in 3 rollers at 2.5 grams, and the engine picked up enough rpm to move the scooter but was flat out at a top speed of around 30mph.

I checked the main jet today which was 107, Is the too big, Would the scooter be over fueling and no producing any power unless the back wheel is in the air???? HELP

Today i put in 3 rollers at 2.5 grams, and the engine picked up enough rpm to move the scooter but was flat out at a top speed of around 30mph.

That means that youre scooter is making to many rpm. you have to put rollers in it about 4-4,5 grams. That should do the trick.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, Also could it be the spark plug br8es, And what does it mean if the scooters doesnt like warming up, and takes ages.

Did you change the original spark plug when you build the new setup on your scooter?

Don't screw it in your cilinderhead but connect it to the end of your bougiecable (don't know the name of the end of the wire). Try that and hold it against your engine. Give a kick on your kickstarter. If the spark isn't strong enough, buy a new one.

OK, thanks for the comments, Ill try tommorow, I didnt think it was the carb because most people on here run 28mm carbs lol

Ive testing the spark, Its good bright blue colour, doesnt look weak at all. The scooter just doesnt have any power i can hold it back when revving, but if u lift the back wheel up, it picks up and runs ok

You should always find the proper jet and carburator settrings first. When that is good, you can adjust the rollers springs etc. Now you keep changing everything while your combustion is not even correct.

So find the right main jet and make sure the carb is set properly, make sure you have a good and fast throttle respons. Only after that, you can adjust the rollers etc

offcourse its no different, you still need to finetune your entire engine. Your carburator is just the beginning...

https://www.pmtuning.co.uk/index2.htm the best info you can get just call them and ask the number is on the website

1st off scooter setup

Metrakit Prorace 2,
Dopper 12mm Race Crank,
24mm OKO Carb,
Polini Hi-speed variator,
Pm Tuning clutch, And Standard clutch.

Basically whats happening is the scooter is revving to around 4000rpm to 7000rpm depending on what rollers and clutch springs, I tried both of these from 2.5grams rollers to 7 gram rollers, Standard clutch springs to Hard ones. The scooter either revs loads and does nothing or revs a bit and goes to 20mph or the clutch engages instantly and goes to 20mph, Its really slow getting to 20mph, On a slight hill it will struggle alot. The scooter has no power at all, If u lift the scooter wheel up it revs and runs OK reaching a high speed. The only thing i havent changed is the jets but before i order loads, Do they make that much difference

you must be joking ? metrakit prorace and standrard rear pullly ? of course it will not work at all

standard rear pully only work with stock pipe , so change to streight track rear pully

streight track real pully needs light clutch so get a light clutch with hard spring , stock clutch will not work ..

now go down on roller weight till it you find the power band

go down on main jet size , start from bigger jet and go down till it it stops improving , then stay there .

now move needle position up and down , to find best combinations with jet :

needle up = may need smaller main jet
needle down = may need slightly bigger main jet

so you must find best combination of both , not just jet size

and at the end again change roller weight up and down a little to find the best

by the way , i could never get OKO 28mm carb to work on scooter , i have it on all of my 2 stroke motorcycles and they work beter then any other carb , its just on scooter it didnt work ..

on scooter i use keihin PE24 and 26 and 28 rounds , mikuni vm20 , delorto 25 , chinese copies of these , all used succesfully but not OKO flat slides

Last edited:
Back