C3 Vs C4

Mexicano said:
Finally...after too much waiting...here they are!!

http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc026807yj.jpg

If I see well, only the rolls are ceramic, isn't it?

Cause I found this (the inner and the outer ring is made from ceramic too!! Wow! It's awesome!!
But for the Minarelli it costs $299/each or $349/each

->ID 20.0000 OD 47.0000 Width 14.0000 6204 ZR02 $349.95
Full Ceramic, Zirconia Inner/Outer/Balls, Full Complement Ceramic Balls,C3 Fit

->ID 20.0000 OD 47.0000 Width 14.0000 6204 ZR02 T9 $299.95
Full Ceramic, Zirconia Inner/Outer/Balls, Teflon Retainer, C3 Fit

full_ceramic.jpg

Browni said:

Cause I found this (the inner and the outer ring is made from ceramic too!! Wow! It's awesome!!

full_ceramic.jpg

Whoa!! Look like something out of space! Could buy a 2f4r cylinder with those bearings! :S

Someone get out the dinnerplates, im making my own!

Browni said:

full_ceramic.jpg

Where can i order them for piaggo? I like those bearings :~

PTT NRG said:
Where can i order them for piaggo? I like those bearings :~

I don't think you can buy it for the Piaggio, cause Piaggio uses very unique crankshaft bearings! /20x52x12/ That size isn't very popular!

They have only 20x52x15 size so it isn't good!

But they produce ceramic ball bearings so if you know your bearing's roller measurement you can change it, and it will be much more better than standard!

PTT NRG, why bother? They DO look the absolute business, but with price/quality in mind, if you install regular bearings like they should and use a quality oil, regular bearings won't seize.

I can imagine that if the wear on these things is next to nothing and you race with your scooter and don't want to change bearings every couple of races, then they're definitely worth their money.

When I 1st saw that pic, it looked like plastic ones. Of course they're not, but looked like it.
How much RPM can they take? I could image running a jetengine's turbine/compressor shaft on these :)

Folkert@MinaRally said:
PTT NRG, why bother? They DO look the absolute business, but with price/quality in mind, if you install regular bearings like they should and use a quality oil, regular bearings won't seize.

I can imagine that if the wear on these things is next to nothing and you race with your scooter and don't want to change bearings every couple of races, then they're definitely worth their money.

When I 1st saw that pic, it looked like plastic ones. Of course they're not, but looked like it.
How much RPM can they take? I could image running a jetengine's turbine/compressor shaft on these :)
Turbos use ceramic bearings...Now take a guess how many rpm they hit ;)

Folkert@MinaRally said:

hmm i dont think you see the point its not becuase this bearing is more reliable its becuase it has lower friction between the inner and outer walls
and hence you will have less power loss between the crankshaft and the wheel meaning more rpm's

butch-182 said:
Turbos use ceramic bearings...Now take a guess how many rpm they hit ;)

I was being ironic there. Maybe I should've used ;) instead of :).

Eion. I do get the point, but you'll have to keep price for performance in check.

What figure of less loss of power do we actually speak off?

I mean, sure if money ain't no object. But then we might add a couple rockets for propulsion too, if you catch my drift.

If those all ceramic bearings are somewhere sold for around $100 (a pair) i'm getting a pair too.
Anybody (Eoin70?) know a place?

Back