Blown Fan

$aint said:
OK, that's a pity, else it would have been a nice alternative to the expensive Malossi Forks. It does look quiet good though :)

Like Melf said it will probable ony adjust the spring preload, or does the manual state something else?

With the red knobs you can only adjust the spring pre-load.

cantdrive55 said:
Your stock crank should have been a Jog90 style 42mm crank. The 49cc Triton sold in the USA and other places is a regular 39.2mm crank but still the Jog90 style with the larger 16mm crank splines. One difference though is that yours seemed to have the small taper rotor while most and the 49cc's are the larger taper rotor.

Well..then I got confused with scootertrog's question, you are right, the STOCK crank that came with the original engine was 42 m.m., 16 m.m. splines and BIG taper rotor, this crank was crappy.....now I´m using a 47 m.m. full circle, small taper rotor and 16 m.m. splines (from Dave's).

Regards,

Mexicano said:
Well..then I got confused with scootertrog's question, you are right, the STOCK crank that came with the original engine was 42 m.m., 16 m.m. splines and BIG taper rotor, this crank was crappy.....now I´m using a 47 m.m. full circle, small taper rotor and 16 m.m. splines (from Dave's).

Regards,

Easy to get confused, as I was too. All I know is that my supplier tells me the Keli Variator fits a Jog 90 and the Vento Triton R4 (49cc). I've installed a couple on the Vento's, so I know that part of it is correct.

scootertrog

scootertrog said:
Easy to get confused, as I was too. All I know is that my supplier tells me the Keli Variator fits a Jog 90 and the Vento Triton R4 (49cc). I've installed a couple on the Vento's, so I know that part of it is correct.

scootertrog

What kind of qualty have those Keli varietors? roller size?

Thanks!

I have Keli Racing variator on my Zip and love it. It uses 15x12 rollers so you can get rollers really easily. I have it on a Polini Corsa/FR pipe/19mm Arreche setup and it worked better IMO than the Malossi I used for a while.

cantdrive55 said:
I have Keli Racing variator on my Zip and love it. It uses 15x12 rollers so you can get rollers really easily. I have it on a Polini Corsa/FR pipe/19mm Arreche setup and it worked better IMO than the Malossi I used for a while.

They looked fine as far as build quality. I installed them for customers and never heard back, so I have to assume they were happy. I really did not choose the Keli brand for any particulair reason other than it was available.

scootertrog

scootertrog said:
They looked fine as far as build quality. I installed them for customers and never heard back, so I have to assume they were happy. I really did not choose the Keli brand for any particulair reason other than it was available.

scootertrog

Can you post some pics?

Thanks!

lol.... I'm surprised I still had these photos. :)
KeliVariatorD.jpg

KeliVariatorC.jpg

KeliVariatorB.jpg

KeliVariatorA.jpg

scootertrog

Back