Blown Fan

roost: The baerings are Ceramic Bearings, very strong!!....even this, I have send them back to the manufacturer for review and change the cages if necessary.

Regards,

Mexicano said:
Yes Juan, it is.
Got it from Dave's as yours....hecharged me extra $75.00 Usd. for porting the cylinder and looks pretty well done.

He's got tons of first hand experience with strokers.
If your modified C20 pipe turns out to be a good match. You are going to have trouble keeping your front wheel down.
BTW. You might have to lower the squirts down 3-4mm to fit in the crankcase.

Last edited:
Astrolopitec said:
He's got tons of first hand experience with strokers.
If your modified C20 pipe turns out to be a good match. You are going to have trouble keeping your front wheel down.
BTW. You might have to lower the squirts down 3-4mm to fit in the crankcase.

Do You mean piston skirt?...... the lower part of piston?

Mexicano said:
The crankshaft, the cylinder & piston and the head arrived:

DSC00022b.jpg
there is an arrow on that piston crown and its drawn in the wrong way !!

Eoin: Nop..the black thing is nothing but a paint mark from manufacturer, the arrow for the exhaust direction is stamped on the piston crown (not visible at the pic) but it is pointing to the opposite side of piston "windows", so it is right....

Regards,

Astrolopitec said:
Sorry for my spelling. Yes I meant skirt.

The piston skirt should be ok, it's the spigot of the cylinder that may be too long. But his cases are not conversions like ours. His came stock with the longer stroke and bore. Rather than cut the spigot I ground out some room in the cases. Had to fix a small mistake with JB weld but it's held up fine so far. I think next time I'll cut the spigot a bit though as you suggest.

Yes I meant the cylinder skirts. Not the piston skirts.
I did not know that the cylinder skirts were called spigots .

Brookespeed.
I forgot.... What motor are you running ?

Thanks.

brookespeed is right, Juan.....my cases are bigger than yours...my guess is I wouldn't need to cut the cylinder...maybe I will need to machine the cases just a little to accept the larger cylinder and cranckshaft stroke....now I'm waiting for the new cases....2 more weeks!

Last edited:
I think the 47mm stroke cranks may need some grinding on the cases even for the motors that normally run a 42mm stroke. I was told the 45mm stroke cranks do not require modification.

I built a zuma stroker with a 42mm crank and a 54 bore. It's been run but it didn't run well so I have been working on it when I can. I just welded up a ghetto pipe and plan on firing it up to check the timeing sometime in the next week. we'll see.

Finally I started my new engine,this pic shows the bearings indside the cranckshaft:
1.jpg

Checking for the crankshaft tolerances:
2mn.jpg

The BEST TOOL:
3mn.jpg

Checking for the crankshaft and cylinder together:
4mn.jpg

10.jpg

Crank installed and sealed carters:
5mn.jpg

Crank ready:
6.jpg

An inside view:
7.jpg

Front seal:
8.jpg

Oil injector and gear:
9.jpg

HPI ignition plate:
11.jpg

Ready for the cylinder:
12.jpg

Installing the cylinder:
13.jpg

Checking my port timing one more time:
14.jpg

Head installed:
15.jpg

Electric starter gear:
16.jpg

Manifold and reed valve:
17.jpg

Checking for air leaks:
18.jpg

very nice, BUT the starter gear is going to demolisch ur crank again for sure...
Those are the things u can bether leave @ home if u want to make rpm's ..

J J Tuning said:
very nice, BUT the starter gear is going to demolisch ur crank again for sure...
Those are the things u can bether leave @ home if u want to make rpm's ..

I hope no...... anyways I will evaluate if use it or no....will tell you later.

Back