Best Mid Race cylinder?

At the same price I would still go for a stage6 racing. The pistons are much cheaper and available in 12mm cilinderpin ;)
This might be necessary, since that kit with a C16 can produce some 15-16BHP!

Im planning to change rings every 2500km and on 5000km ill buy a new pistion. And this as long the cylinder survives. How stressing is the setup on the crankshaft and bearings? I bought a new Polini Evo small end bearing and the crank bearings are quite new aswell. The "keps" - I don´t know how to say in inglish the thing where the small end bearing and the pin goes to :D. Is in good shape and seams quite strong.

About the exhaust.

Why isn´t there any Yasuni exhausts availible under Aprilia Area 51. There with the same carter as Aerox. Is there any difference and what is it. Because im determined to buy a C16.

Last edited:
Area 51 has a "strange" subframe, not all exhausts fit without adjusting the subframe.
Don't know how you should do this, but I 'm sure you can find people with expercience.

If you have a 10pin crankshaft, you should keep your eye on the small-end bearing!! A 12pin bearing has a larger surface where the pistonpin can turn around in, so less "wear". But it is possible ;)

Why isn´t there any Yasuni exhausts availible under Aprilia Area 51. There with the same carter as Aerox. Is there any difference and what is it. Because im determined to buy a C16.

Your best setup would be MK SP70 and Shot. This combo works extremely well (I had an MK SP70 and ForRace.. a great combination, similar to Shot). People who say MK SP70 is too high revving for a Shot obviously haven't tried it... :| You might want to remember that back in 1997-1999 LOADS of people had setups like Evo70 or MHR Team cylinder + ForRace or Giannelli Nardo/Shot exhaust. (Back at the time you could only get Polini Evo or MHR Team exhausts. No Yasuni, Hebo KRD, TJT, STage6 etc...) I didn't hear anyone complain about 'too high revving' at that time.

This will fit on your Area51 without modification and perform way better than that overrated Hebo+C16. And cheaper. And less piston+ring wear.

Here's a nice dynorun for the non-believers:

At a S6R AC 70cc the difference between a Shot and C16 is less than 1 HP. That's not a lot. (around 7%). The difference in acceleration wil be small.
The big difference is the RPM's at which the power is produced.

s6r-bankje.jpg

Well I sold my Shot because it was pretty beat up and it was an old model. It did not have that kind of connection to the cylinder as it does now. Since I ordered a Stage 6 - does it require the same kind of braking in as Hebo Manston Replica. Im going to buy a C16 - because of looks and performance. Is it wise to buy a stage 6 rmp+thermometer for better knowledge of the engine. Does it pay off or is it just another shiny thing on the dashboard?

Well the stage6 rpm+temp is really a craptacular piece of junk. I have one myself and I wish I had not bought it.

You see, the numbers are only visible from 'above', it's LCD really has a bad viewing angle. If you look at it from 'below' (the way it fits best on most dashboards....) you won't see ANYTHING...
Also there are two buttons on it but you CAN"T switch to temperature directly. You have to press one of those fiddly buttons (impossible to press with gloves on) about 4 or 5 times before you get to see the temp.
You really have to let go of the throttle and concentrate on the thing for a vfew seconds or park your scoot to check the temp and switch back to rpm again.
Totally unacceptable.

RPM thing is not necessary imo. A temp meter is! Stage6 has a tiny one, only for temp. I have it and it is quite good. No probs with button pushing etc, just temp on the screen.

What´s a good plug for a S6r. B9eg?

And since I disconnected my oilpump. What ratio should I use? And do I need to use more oil when braking it in. Im interested in the ratio I should poor oil per liter.

Last edited:
Hello!

Just registered to here :)

What would be good mid-race cylinder for minarelli stand.?
Hebo manston replica or the S6 racing? Any other cylinders?

The scoot is in everyday use, so good reliability would be very acceptable ;)

Back