Aerox

i was doing some thinking. I think i will sell my peugeot speedfight and do up the aerox. (good idea???? condering that i bought it for €100)

So since i am doing this do u think it would be a good idea to get a another second hand crank with the bearing pressed on?

Sell that junk Aerox and keep the Peug!

Are you confident enough you can get it running and I do mean reliable running.... then maybe keep it. But be sure about it.
I also suggest you ask someone to help you with the crank, you have no idea how to do it yourself and this is a crucial part in the engine... Make one mistake and the bearings+cylinder can be damaged.

Originally posted by Aidix
Well then can you tell me why Minarelli standard bearings have a very high "70cc sudden death rate" compared to Piaggio?

This is based on the experience of many people.

Hey Aidix, you don't know bearings I think. But Piaggio's bearing is not 6204 at the other hand. I have experience with SKF bearings at Minarelli, and their baskets couldn't bear shocks. And the Minarelli's designers are not stupids. This is a fact that this type of deep groove ball bearing is better in NTN, Koyo.

"This is based on the experience of many people"
For example?

Well like this entire board (dutch part) and I also worked at a scooter shop. It's just our personal experience, and those of our friends and customers.

Originally posted by Aidix
Well like this entire board (dutch part) and I also worked at a scooter shop. It's just our personal experience, and those of our friends and customers.

Hmm it's very strange for me, but if you said it, maybe it's true there! Or your customers do something wrong with bikes:):)

Last edited:
Thats right, it's not difficult ;)

And i'm with Aidix when we are talking about the bad quality of bearings in a Minarelli engine...

one bearing (one that was pressed on was in good condition) other one that fell off was a bit rusty but i cleaned it up. So it's in good condition too. The crank was put in, in 2002

Sorry to tell you this but you don't have a clue on this subject (doing a crankshaft).
All you need to do is to first,

See if your conrod big end has axial space and if the crank is not bent. Maybe get it at a bike shop so they can check it for you as you don't have tools to do that.
If it has space between the rod and the pin it's over for that crank. Search for a new one.

Second,

Buy new bearings. Some C3 SKF with nylon case. With that you will not need to worry about that part. See if the crank seals are ok. If they are cut, worn or very dry hard buy another ones. You will spend 25E the most and don't need to worry about those parts anymore.

Third,

When assembling those thing you need some tools if you don't want to bend your new crank. If you do it will not turn smoothly and it's revolution will be excentric. If you are not sure how to do it (and I think you aren't so I can see in all your posts) Take that part of the job to a bike shop. The money you will spent will be nothing compared to the one you will need to buy another engine if you get it wrong.

After the sump is closed you only can get it wrong if the piston is the other way around. I think you can manage to put the rest in if you don't forget the roller weights and don't brake the stator coils with a screw driver.

Don't change your fuel pipes the way around. If you do you will get a good knee ache from kicking and kicking and kicking....

Soory to be so rude in my opinion....but I think you need it.
P.S. when the engine is in the bike shop try to learn with the mechanic how to do the job...so you only need to spend money once and get used to scooter mechanical terms. It would be simplier for us if you knew your way around...

lol f**k this bike shop thing. I worked in a garage (car) and i can do anything they can. i have the whole engine put back together and it runs.I know what i am doing i just don't have experience.

It's a two stroke engine with one piston 1 crank 2 bearings
I've already finished the job.
The bike will run. But i've read what all you have been saying and i think i will get another crank shaft in betther condition with new bearings. I don;t need a bike shop. It's so simple

Exactly... Going to a bike shop is only wasting your money.

Cathal, have you mounted the crankschaft with new bearings or with the old ones?

I ALWAYS mount the crankshaft with new bearings and new "oil seal"...

Yea i just used the old ones. So lol i'm gona take it back apart and get new bearing and new seals how much do ya think it will cost in €?

Also when i am replacing the bearings do i got to get the press off? And then pressed back on?

Coz some guy i was talking to said u can put them on with your hand.. but thats guys is an idiot lol

Just the make sure u all know what i am talking about here is a pic of a crank without bearing (i coloured them in my self, just to show you)

(I found this pic on your profile sjoerd hope ya don;t mind me using it)

1050922204krukas2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm wondering how you mounted your crankshaft? If you dont know how it works, youmust have been slamming a hammer against your engine to make it fit... :s

But when you want to place new bearings on your crankshaaft; you need to heaten up your bearing, then they will expand and you can simply drop them on your crankshaft. You can do this in your moms kitchen oven. Place the two bearing in there @ 200 degrees celcius. Thats how i do those things.

nice. I made a block of wood to fit around the crank and just hit that with a hammer a few times.
OK thats how you put them on but how do ya take them off and for how long do ya heat at 200c?

To take out the bearings you need a bearing puller but I thought you knew that, as you worked in a car garage....

As for the time you get the bearings on the oven you can let them stay there for 10-15 minutes....if you want to put them easily put also your crank in a bag and let it stay in the freezer below 18ºC for an hour ou 2. Together with the bearing heat it will be easier to put it right.

Originally posted by Cathal
nice. I made a block of wood to fit around the crank and just hit that with a hammer a few times.
OK thats how you put them on but how do ya take them off and for how long do ya heat at 200c?

Well about 5 minutes should do the trick... Try...

Taking them off, well thats a whole other chapter. I managed to get them off by getting a screwdriver behind it, slamming it behind the bearing, both sides (two screwdrivers, one each side) and constantly spraying WD40 on it...

There are special "bearing-pullers" for sale, but that will cost you money ;)

Originally posted by Cruz_e_Silva
To take out the bearings you need a bearing puller but I thought you knew that, as you worked in a car garage....

As for the time you get the bearings on the oven you can let them stay there for 10-15 minutes....if you want to put them easily put also your crank in a bag and let it stay in the freezer below 18ºC for an hour ou 2. Together with the bearing heat it will be easier to put it right.

Putting your crank in a bag in the freezer is useless, the difference in degrees is about 20, when you heat up, exaclty it's about 180 difference. It will only make it 'wet'.

Back