aerox jetting?

eddiesmith

iv got an '06 aerox that comes with a 12mm gurtner carb standard, just fitted a deresricted doppler s3r and a polini race filter, got a polini variator to go on as soon as i get the locking tool, thing is iv up jetted to a 72 which is 15% increase from standard and i wonder if this is enough because i want to know before i put it on the road to avoid any damage if its too lean.
thanks

Advertisement - register to remove this

on peugeot gurtner 12 mm is stock carb to,crapy litlle thing......fiting open airfilter on that carb is bad idea,my setup on thet carb was 68 main jet with malossi red sponge in standard airbox.....i think 72 MJ is to small for open airfilter .......

on peugeot gurtner 12 mm is stock carb to,crapy litlle thing......fiting open airfilter on that carb is bad idea,my setup on thet carb was 68 main jet with malossi red sponge in standard airbox.....i think 72 MJ is to small for open airfilter .......

what do you think i should be running then? i was thinkin of orderin a 76?

i realy dont know,maybe 80-90 main jet,gurtner 12 mm is realy bad carb,upjeting above 70 MJ very bad.....i think with gurner 12 + open air filter thats mission imposibile

i realy dont know,maybe 80-90 main jet,gurtner 12 mm is realy bad carb,upjeting above 70 MJ very bad.....i think with gurner 12 + open air filter thats mission imposibile

i dont think il need to upjet 20+ sizes just for a filter. im runnning a 78 now and its fine, cant see why you'd think the carb is too small anyway, when a 17.5mm that comes standard on old aeroxs or runners are too big and are restricted standard anyway...in what way do you think im disadvantaged by the small carb and filter?

rite i have a 2006 camel rossi aerox(yellow one) it has been derestricted and is running a technigas racing exhaust, variator kit, racing clutch and racing flywheel but am unsure what carb i have got it is the standard 12mm i am just unsure of the make could it be a gurtner?. Also i have a malossi e5 filter i am planning to fit but am unsure what jet size i need, i have been told to upjet by 10-15 sizes but still am unsure, the jet in there at the moment is a 62, is this the standard size or has been increased allready when derestricted or upjetted fo the exhast? cheers

Last edited:
rite i have a 2006 camel rossi aerox(yellow one) it has been derestricted and is running a technigas racing exhaust, variator kit, racing clutch and racing flywheel but am unsure what carb i have got it is the standard 12mm i am just unsure of the make could it be a gurtner?. Also i have a malossi e5 filter i am planning to fit but am unsure what jet size i need, i have been told to upjet by 10-15 sizes but still am unsure, the jet in there at the moment is a 62, is this the standard size or has been increased allready when derestricted or upjetted fo the exhast? cheers

yes you are rite, that is the same bike as mine, it will have a 12mm gurnter carb with a 62 main jet. i have a polini filter on mine and i have upjetted to 78, which is probably slightly rich but runs great :D i would recommend a 76-78

yes you are rite, that is the same bike as mine, it will have a 12mm gurnter carb with a 62 main jet. i have a polini filter on mine and i have upjetted to 78, which is probably slightly rich but runs great :D i would recommend a 76-78

hi there is your bike still running ok and what is the acceloration and top end like compared to a normal airbox. also if it is running to rich or lean u can tell by looking at the spark plug, if it is a whitey gray it is to lean and the plug will be black and wet and oiley if to rich, cheers alex.

yes you are rite, that is the same bike as mine, it will have a 12mm gurnter carb with a 62 main jet. i have a polini filter on mine and i have upjetted to 78, which is probably slightly rich but runs great
biggrin.gif
i would recommend a 76-78

are you shure it's gurtner carb,I never seen gurtner carb on yamaha engine?

Back