aerox fork repair

stred-aerox

Does any one know how much oil is supposed to go in the forks?
Also where can i get hold of some stronger springs?
or could i just add shims to the bottom of the springs?
Thankyou..

Advertisement - register to remove this

Stread-aerox:

As I couldn't get harder springs for my scooter I added a 6 m.m. shim (home made) and changed the oil for 10W30 motor oil I added about 250ML. to each fork and they really perform well.

I know Paioli mak front high performance forks for yamaha aerox 50 c.c.and 100 c.c., you can see them at Sip-Scootershop...very expensive..no tech information.

Hope this helps

thanks. that confirms my ideas of what to do..
Where did u put the shims.. at the top or bottom of the spring?
And also i still need to know how much oil goes in the forks origionally as i want to change the oil?

Sorry, but there should only be 50ml in each fork! At least if you only want to change the oil in the fork. Don't know if it should be more or less if you change the shims :p.

Got it confirmed by my Yamaha dealer so dont say im wrong!

thanks for the research Zmod.
I havent done the forks yet as im waiting for oil seals to arrive, but i was going to add shims like mexicano said to make the forks bounce back quicker, and add 20ml of thicker oil to each leg to make the a bit stiffer, does this sound o.k
Thankyou.

stred-aerox said:
thanks for the research Zmod.
I havent done the forks yet as im waiting for oil seals to arrive, but i was going to add shims like mexicano said to make the forks bounce back quicker, and add 20ml of thicker oil to each leg to make the a bit stiffer, does this sound o.k
Thankyou.

Sounds good to me :)! But im not a/an expert.

//Zmod

Back