1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 malaguti yesterday

Discussion in 'Engine modifications and repairs' started by kittyhawk32, 18 April 2014.

1. kittyhawk32

kittyhawk32 New Member

I need help trying to figure out why my relay switch is hot as soon as I plugg it in. I know that it should be hot on one side untill I push the starter button. my relay is hot sending 12 volts to the starter before I push the starter button. Not sure what to do next. Please help I have replaced the relay. thanks

2. Advertenties - Gesponsorde links (Only for visitors)

3. Bas

Bas Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Albums:
    What relay did you replace exactly? Do you have a picture of the part? I have trouble understanding what your problem is exactly.

4. Advertenties - Gesponsorde links (Sign-up to remove)

5. kittyhawk32

kittyhawk32 New Member

sorry about that, it's the starter relay. It has 4 prongs on it. one blue coming from the battery, one blue going to the starter (which stays hot all the time when the relay is plugged in), one red/white coming from the start button, red wire which makes all the lights hot. This scooter has been sitting for 5 years. when the bike was giving to me it only had the back side of the key switch which the owner were using a screw driver to start it. I replaced the battery and key switch and now I don't get any sound that and power is going to the starter when I press the start button. I replaced the starter relay thinking it might be that. When plugging the starter relay in I have click click sounds coming from it. Plugged in, I took a 12 volt tester and without press any starter button my blue wire going to the 12 volt starter is hot all the time. So I have check all electrical wiring, nothing is broken. So, now I'm at a lost what to check next. Thanks, hope this helps some with my starter relay problem.

6. kittyhawk32

kittyhawk32 New Member

I have found the problem. Starter button was sticking. Problem solved. Thanks for looking

Advertenties - Gesponsorde links (Only for visitors)