2 Stroke 49cc - Gas backing up into the oil reservoir?? Even possible?

InvaderMat

I just bought this Roketa 49cc 2 cylinder scoot. It only has 138 miles on it. I noticed a bad leak this morning. It still runs just fine. The problem is that it seems like the oil reservoir and gas tank seem to have mixed together somehow. Could they have backed up into each other because of the leak? Or is it more likely a crack in the divider between the two tanks?

I'm afraid of blowing my engine if the ratio isn't right! >_ < Not sure what to do!

Thanks!

Advertisement - register to remove this

The option of backed up is very unlikely. To be clear, which model is it exactly?

It could be the previous owner has made the mistake to fill up the oil tank with gas or has poured oil in the gas tank. It's more important to find where the leak started exactly. It's not clear from your post.

It's brand new. There is no previous owner. It's a Roketa MCR 26-50.

I know I didn't do it. lol. I've filled the gas several times but I've only put in just over a quart of oil only once in the oil tank. I'm going to siphon everything out today and just see if I can figure out what's going on. 01ha

This makes me want to just remove the oil injector and premix myself to be sure. Not sure how to do that though. Do I have to remove the whole oil injector? or do I just premix and leave the oil reservoir empty?

So upon further inspection I noticed the fuel and oil filters both appeared to be on backwards. I'm really new to this but the arrows on both the oil and gas filters which describe the flow were pointed TOWARDS the tank. That's wrong.... right? So I switched em around. But it really leaves me wondering what kind of damage I could have already done to my brand new engine, and if I'm right, what kind of a moron put this thing together!?!?!

So upon further inspection I noticed the fuel and oil filters both appeared to be on backwards. I'm really new to this but the arrows on both the oil and gas filters which describe the flow were pointed TOWARDS the tank. That's wrong.... right? So I switched em around. But it really leaves me wondering what kind of damage I could have already done to my brand new engine, and if I'm right, what kind of a moron put this thing together!?!?!

Monday morning model

Thanks but if you could actually give me some useful information I would highly appreciate it. I'm trying to not have to walk 14 miles to work or lose my job. This sucks, I gotta make sure this is fixed before I start riding it again.

I'm sorry.
Can you make a picture of the spot where it leaks
I'm not. So familiar with this brand.
Maybe pictures make more Logic to me

The one that placed the filters wasn't really smart.
Changing them to the right direction was decision.

If you are really aftrain the the engine gets out of oil, just add a bit with the fuel. Just 2 be safe.

You said the scooter is almost brand new.
Do you have guarantee?

There is a limited warranty that covers defective parts, guarantees that the scooter runs as intended when I receive it. So I'm not sure if this qualifies as "defective", however it seems like it should since it was put together wrong. After I switched the filters around, the leaky one still leaked so I replaced it with a better quality filter and it seems to running fine for now.

That's a good tip, adding a bit of fuel to the gas just in case the injector doesn't function properly. I may try this.

One quick question. Is it normal for a scooter not to be able to idea for very long? If I stop at a red light I have to rev the engine just a smidge to keep the engine from cutting off. It will cut off within a minute or so if I let it idle without giving any gas.

UPDATE: I went to take pictures for this threat of the engine and it looks like I found yet another leak. The screw I'm pointing at below was SUPER loose. I'm 90% sure oil was leaking directly from this. That big black pipe above my index finger leads to the air filter I think. I tightened this up nice and snug so I'll check again a new hours to see if anything else has dripped on the floor.
10253338_10152343660113529_1092662905_n.jpg

You can see the new filter on the upper right, that was backwards and leaking. The lower left filter (I guess this one is an oil filter, not sure) was also backwards but wasn't leaky, so I simply turned it around.

Nothing else should be leaking! damn... I had no idea this scooter would be such a pain in my arse.
10255126_10152343660913529_660692179_n.jpg

Well normally it shouldn't be such a pain in the arse. There is a screw you can adjust to make it rev higher when idling.

In this picture you posted: https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net...=867f7cb2dd0a6dbc97ee747bd014b2ec&oe=534BB45C

Under the transparant hose (gas hose) is a screw. Start your engine and slowly turn it more in. This will make the engine rev up. Adjust it to a setting that your engine keeps idling.

You were correct that the big black pipe is connected to the air filter. Strange that it wasn't tightened. Are you sure that on the other side of the carburetor everything is tightened. Air leaking in is not good.

I think the standard things that need to be done when delivering a new scooter has not been done. Like checking if the scooter is running smoothly and that the settings are correct. I'm sorry to say, but Roteka is a chinese brand and they mostly produce crap. Hopefully your scooter won't have many problems, but we can't guarantee anything.

Back